If you’re looking for a reliable, local company to work for, Omega Windows could have the perfect opportunity for you.
Omega Windows offers a competitive salary and a range of additional benefits plus you will be joining a hardworking, fun loving team of staff who enjoy coming to work every day!
- Employment Benefits
- Stakeholder Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance Cover
- Health Insurance
- Trade prices for personal use – Friends and family discounts
All applications should be addressed to:
Human Resources Department, Omega Windows
Overview of Omega Windows
Omega Windows, Doors and Conservatories was founded in 1994 by the present management, to supply, install and service windows, doors, conservatories, roofline and all associated construction work. Over the last 10 years, the firm has diversified into other areas such as flat roofing, garage doors and some exclusive commercial projects.
Working predominantly from referral and word of mouth we feel that every installation says something about our firm. We provide the best price “1st time” consistently and deliver quality material to our customers. All staff are aware of the commitment to quality. We look to better ourselves at every given opportunity to present ourselves to our customers as transparent, consistent and reliable.
The Organisation has built a reputation throughout Kent establishing several household names and major companies as regular customers. The Organisation’s success was, and remains, attributable to a firm commitment to quality.
We are a small hard working installation team ready to take on new daily challenges. If you like new challenges this position could be suitable for you.
The successful applicant will be fully responsible for the overseeing and management of orders from placement through to final installation and after sales service. The role requires high levels of customer service and managerial skills, to ensure any customer issues are satisfactorily resolved and the fitting of doors and windows are carried out to the required standard in a timely and efficient way.
Working alongside the surveyor to gain information when required and support team the successful candidate will take ownership of the full Installation process from processing and administering the sales order, instructing the surveyor with the sales order ensuring this is returned in a timely manner, ordering the materials, checking the acknowledged materials are correct and ensuring the materials arrive to our branch depot at the required time.
The candidate will also take responsibility for booking the various installations with the relevant customer whilst selecting the best installation crew to get the best team performance from delivery through to completion, and ensuring the company is paid as per the agreed payment terms for each project.
- Previous experience in a supervisory/managerial role is highly advantageous
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to comparative detail with right first time ethos
- Management of the complete process of delivery & installation of windows and doors
- Must be a highly confident communicator at all levels on the telephone and in person between customers, suppliers and staff. Clear communication is the one of the essential requirements of this role and will require a proactive attitude at all times.
- Effective results driven approach to performance management
- Overall responsibility for the installation team/s and associated staff
- Good common sense
- Driving license
Highly desirable Attributes (not essential)
- Ability to project manage small building/construction works
- Managing branch deliveries and stock control
- Vehicle management control
- Ensuring H&S experience
- BSEN ISO 9001 experience
Annual Leave Entitlement
Statutory holiday entitlement plus bank holidays will be offered but must not conflict with other key staff. A flexible approach will always be taken.
Job Start: as soon as possible
Salary: paid monthly and by negotiation Hours: 7.30am start through to 5pm Mon – Fri. Saturdays 10-2 as required by the position
Are you an experienced Sales Designer looking to join a growing, professional company that prides itself on delivering only the best quality home improvements to its customers? If so, then look no further because we urgently need experienced Sales Designers to help and advise our customers to transform their homes.
We do not pressure sell. We provide excellent customer service with full written quotations for every quotation produced.
Domestic and commercial estimating in projects with aluminium, uPVC and glass products.Duties will include dealing with customers and trade customers in our Margate-based showroom.Estimating and preparing quotations. Order processing.Candidate must be computer literate.
Experience in the glass and glazing industry an advantage but not essential.
Hours of work 8.00 – 17.00 Monday to Friday with occasional Saturday mornings 9.00- 13.00
Experienced window & door installers required
Top rates of pay
Brand new Van supplied – lined out and fully racked
Enquire today for more information and to arrange a discussion
We are currently recruiting for a Service Engineer with experience within the Window/Door/Conservatory Installation Industry.Key Duties
Adjusting doors/windows etc
Replacing hinges/ handles etc
Replacing double-glazed sealed units
Fascia/soffit adjustments and repairs
Some surveying work
As a Service Engineer you will visit existing customers who have problems with products that have been previously installed, therefore a working understanding of Window/Door/Conservatory fitting is essential.
Experience in aluminium products, as well as uPVC, is necessary.
Monday – Friday (40 hours)
Due to the nature of the role, a driving licence is essential.
Surveying and Measuring to ISO9001 and the BSI code of practise
Minimum NVQ2 /3
Meeting FENSA requirements for the replacement of window and door sets and keeping up to date with the required legislation to ensure the companies compliance
Documenting any changes or Variations on the Customer confirmation form and advising the installation department on return
Advising the company of any impractical or inadvisable contracts / projects
Taking accurate measurements and promptly processing the surveys, including site surveys, investigate differences between contracts and customer expectations and inform the company of any concerns.
Review the suitability of the products, agreeing with the design options, note any installation date requests from the customer and confirm the method of payment.
After survey install queries
Product queries specific to job-related projects
*PERFECT POSITION FOR UNI/COLLEGE LEAVERS WANTING TO BUILD A CAREER IN THE WINDOW AND DOOR INDUSTRY*We are looking for a hardworking and ambitious person to join our team who preferably has experience in carpentry through qualifications/apprenticeship or previous onsite experience, however, this is not essential.Omega windows primarily works in replacement windows and doors installations for both new build and domestic requirements in the window and door industry.
This work involves using initiative to assist one of our highly experienced window installers, maintaining high standards of safety and quality. You will be required to prepare windows and doors ready for installation, be trained to remove old materials and ensure the installer is receiving the correct materials at the right time to optimise efficiency on site.
You will be required to undertake training (paid for by Omega), which will allow you to access and work site (for example CSCS and also working at heights)
Omega prides itself on its workmanship and professional attitude, and you will be a representative of the company whilst on-site or in customer’s homes. Therefore, we expect you not only to follow all safety rules, but also conduct yourself in a manner which does not detriment Omega’s high standards.
You will report directly to our Senior Installer and also our Installation Manager where required.
- Previous experience in a trade is preferred and qualifications in carpentry/joinery is beneficial.
- Previous experience in working in the window/door industry is preferable but not essential.
- A willingness to learn a trade and get good experience under your belt.
- Ability to work on your feet all-day
- Lifting will be required, so a reasonable physical capability is expected.
Please note, this position involves travelling to sites in and around Kent, our installer has a van provided and can collect you if nearby or can meet you at the depot in Margate) and you will always be with another person, site work hours are 7am – 3.30pm / 4pm.
The responsibility of the Fenestration Surveyor will be a full-time position with hours to suit as the role requires.
- Customer Service
- Surveying and Measuring to ISO9001, the BSI code of practise and a minimum NVQ
- Meeting FENSA requirements for the replacement of window and door sets and keeping up to date with the required legislation to ensure the companies compliance.
- Documenting any changes or Variations on the Customer confirmation form and advising the installation department on return
- Advising the company of any impractical or inadvisable contracts / projects
- Taking accurate measurements and promptly processing the surveys, including site surveys, investigate differences between contracts and customer expectations and inform the company of any concerns.
- Review the suitability of the products, agreeing the design options, note any installation date requests from the customer and confirm the method of payment.
- Write all surveys up on to relevant factory order forms.
- After survey install queries
- Product queries specific to job-related projects
Job start: as soon as possible
Salary: 30-45k dependant on experience and hours worked. Paid monthly and by negotiation
Are you looking to join a growing, professional company that prides itself on delivering only the best quality home improvements to its customers? If so, then look no further because we urgently need a Trade Counter Manager to help our customers to transform their homes.
- To ensure customers are provided with an excellent customer service level and receive their products on time, in full and to the correct standard.
- Maximise sales & margins for the Depot – this can include approaching fitters, going on site and scouting for new business (trade and commercial)
- Be the first point of contact for customers face to face and over the phone.
- Trade quotations are produced on industry specific software (first degree)
- Maximise sales on every occasion.
- Ensure stock items sold are booked out of stock.
- Ensure all paperwork is up to date daily.
- Ensure items for collection are ready for customers when they arrive or arrange delivery to the customer requirements. Despatch notes for every job are required.
- Make sure that the sales order for despatch or better the actual despatch note to check every item is correctly despatched.
- Undertake stock ordering in line with set procedures.
- Ensure that the Depot and products always look their best.
- Take deliveries – all goods in/out. Heavy lifting and manual handling are involved.
- Provide technical information to customers when processing orders/dealing with quotes as required. A technical understanding of industry regulations will be of help
- Ensure that the service and products are right first time.
- Follow standard operating procedures to apply consistency.
- Assist the Sales Coordinator in growing the business.
- Ensure all quotes are followed up – the Sales Coordinator can assist with this, but it is the Trade Depot Managers responsibility to ensure this is done by checking if the
enquiries have been followed up correctly.
- Liaise with the factories and keep up to date with product changes, market conditions and production.
- Ensure that Health and Safety is considered a priority in all aspects of the role.
- Daily cash reconciliation and banking of cash.
- Keep up to date with the market conditions, new businesses opening and general understanding of the local market.
- Improve the sales and margins for Five Day Trade Windows.
- To assist with Stores, duties as and when required.
- Any other duty which is deemed reasonable to ensure the company achieves its
If you would like more details about these vacancies please contact firstname.lastname@example.org