Omega’s Plans to Return to Work
15th May 2020
15th May 2020
The team at Omega have been working hard to ensure that our return to work can be carried out as safely as possible for both our staff and our customers. We have established clear guidelines on how we will approach our return to installations, including carrying out a range of risk assessments in preparation.
By reducing the risk to the lowest practicable level through prevention we are confident that we will be able to continue our installations, strictly adhering to Government guidelines that have been issued in relation to working in customers’ homes and within our offices.
Government guidelines have made it clear that undertaking work in our customer’s homes is acceptable as long as the following precautions are taken:
• No one in the household is isolating because someone within it has COVID-19 symptoms or where an individual has been advised to shield
• As long as we have conducted a risk assessment and can mitigate risks associated with working.
• The work we are undertaking, cannot be completed remotely or from home
Government guidelines make it clear that our sales team can, and should generate new business remotely and from home, remaining within guidelines where possible for social distancing. Where necessary guidelines say that appointments can take place but:
• Every effort should be made to maintain a 2m separation
• Avoid transmission by not sharing pens and other objects
• Holding meetings outdoors or in well-ventilated rooms.
As we are home improvement installers, our surveyors will need to go out to the site to measure up – this is not avoidable. Omega ensures that this can be done within guidance, providing a risk assessment that has been completed and controls have been put in place as far as possible to mitigate those risks. Our installation teams will:
• Not be accepting beverages from our customers
• Avoid using their toilet facilities.
• Requesting that customers leave internal doors open to minimize contact
We will be:
• Social distancing where possible
• Increase the frequency of handwashing and surface cleansing
• Avoid sharing of tools – and increase cleaning of them
• Use back-to-back or side-to-side working where possible
• Running ‘fixed teams or partnering’, so each team works with only a few others
Guidance for our customer who are continuing with their planned installations includes:
• Again, planning in advance with the customer the sequence of works so that they can maintain social distancing
• Leaving internal doors open to minimize contact
• Increased cleansing of surfaces
The team at Omega would like to reassure our customers that we will be in touch with all that have ongoing installations. We would also like to take the time to encourage new customers to reach out to us. Give us a call and one of our experts will be on hand to answer any questions you may have or to discuss an installation. We hope that you are all keeping safe and well, and would like to say thank you for the patience that you have shown during this difficult time.
We have below linked to the risk assessments that our team has undertaken and a general guidance overview for all business: